- Your goal must be to enroll in college-- higher education and/or training.
- You must have a high school diploma, External Diploma (NEDP), or GED Credential.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Rhode Island Permanent Residency (green card).
- Foreign Credentials must be translated and evaluated.
- Make a financial plan to pay college tuition, fees, books, etc.
- Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- You need basic computer skills for college level work. ( Word; PowerPoint; Internet; Email).
- You must not have any financial debt at the Community College of Rhode Island.
- Attend a general information session to learn about TTC.
- Complete an application form and writing sample.
- Take the CASAS Academic Assessment ($25 registration fee).
- Attend a personal interview to review goals, assessment scores, and commitment.
- Pay $175.00 textbook fee. (must be paid the first day of class; budget plan optional)
During the Program:
- Complete CCRI Admissions Application.
- Complete College Reading Registration.
- Attend all classes and workshops.
- Complete all assignments, portfolio projects, tests, and quizzes.
Accuplacer Assessment & casas Post Testing:
- Accuplacer Assessment (Woonsocket Learning Center) $40 testing fee.
- CASAS Post Assessment (no fee).
- Attend an exit interview with the Program Director.
- Register for your next college course after TTC.
- Register for Tuition Management Plan, if necessary.
- Apply for a mentor. (optional)