“Nothing is more satisfying than watching students discover the power of success.”
Gylean Trabucchi, former TTC Mentor Coordinator
MENTORING @ TTC
Mentoring plays a significant role for students, providing guidance, advising, and encouragement during the TTC program AND as the students move on to college. In an informal classroom setting, mentoring workshops also model the concept of mentoring and establish an important link between mentoring and the students' success.
After the conclusion of the program, graduating students have the opportunity to apply for an mentor who will continue to support and encourage them through their next semester of post-secondary education.
Many of our mentor-mentee relationships are done through E-Mentoring and provide needed support while encouraging persistence as students proceed in college.
TUTORING @ TTC
- Increases knowledge and understanding of subjects
- Provides personalized attention, intensive practice, and improves grades
- Increases knowledge and understanding of subjects at an individual pace
- Leads to better use of study time and increases motivation to succeed
- Improves self-esteem and confidence
- Provides praise, feedback, and encouragement
The Value of Volunteering
Many successful people credit one or more persons for making a difference in their lives to help them to achieve their goals. Volunteers affect the lives of students in so many positive ways. In turn, the volunteer's lives are affected positively, too. Volunteer mentors and/or tutors:
- Expose students to new ideas and ways of thinking.
- Give advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses.
- Share experiences and wisdom.
- Encourage the importance of life long learning.
- Listen, support, motivate, and empower others.
- Offers an individualized structured learning experience.
- Increase academic performance and growth.
If you are interested in volunteering, please click the button below.